Moment by Moment (Thinking Out Loud Thursday)



The secret of happiness is to live moment by moment and to thank God for all that He, in His goodness, sends to us day after day. --St. Gianna Molla

This quote by my patron, St. Gianna, strikes a chord with me right now. Recently, I've been contemplating the nature of our society (warning: contemplation can be dangerous). I've started to feel that it's really hard to enjoy life in the moment because for as long as I can remember, I've been taught to focus on attaining our next goal. The goal in high school is to get into college, the goal in college is to graduate so you can get a job, and then the goal will be to get a better job and so on. 

I don't think setting goals is bad. On the contrary, goal-setting is great, it's motivation to work hard. However, don't forget to enjoy the present. Savor life as it is now. Don't obsess about what's to come. Thank God for today and worry less about tomorrow. As St. Gianna says, live moment by moment.

Note: This post isn't meant to be some kind of floral poster with "enjoy life" written on it. Though, let's be real, I have nothing against those. They can be kind of cute. But maybe try not to focus too much on the future. Just enjoy what you have right now.




Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Different Kind of Summer Job

Walking into Janitor Closets (and other transferring adventures)

Welcome