Currently...8/3/17

source
Current book: I've been soaking up the last few weeks of freedom where I have time to read whatever I want. I've still been into historical fiction and I recently finished Nella Last's War and The Girls of Ennismore. Nella Last's War is the actual diary of Nella Last, a housewife in England during World War II. It is fascinating to read about her day to day life during the war. I loved it! The Girls of Ennismore was very enjoyable, reminiscent of Downton Abbey, The Girls of Ennismore is set in Ireland and explores very fascinating themes regarding class and birthright. Another enjoyable read!

Current music: I haven't actually been listening to much. When I do listen to music, lately it's been musicals like Hamilton.

Current guilty (or non-guilty) pleasure: Hmmm...can't think of anything...

Current food: MANGO. And cookie butter from Trader Joes. Not together of course...

Current obsession: Morning walks with Molly (our dog). It just really energizes me and sets me up for the day!

Current procrastination: I need to start packing to move back to school. Cause apparently that's a thing.

Current need: I don't need it, but I really want this bag. Hey if anyone's wondering, my birthday is next month! ;)

Current confession: I don't know if this counts as a confession but I'm feeling very conflicted about going back to school in less than two weeks. I'm excited but I don't know if I'm ready to leave my family and my house!

Current excitement: I will finally get to see my best friend from home in a few days! She was studying abroad all last semester so I didn't get to see her on breaks like I normally do and for most of the summer she's been away at a research program. But we'll finally get to see each other for a little bit!

Current mood: Tired because I did a tough sprint workout this morning. Maybe I need more tea. Or a nap. Except I'm kind of bad at taking naps. Just ask my roomie.


Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday





Comments

  1. I love your synopsis of Nella's Last War. Sounds so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super interesting! I actually just posted a review of it. It was a great read, I highly recommend it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Different Kind of Summer Job

Walking into Janitor Closets (and other transferring adventures)